AAIM Assessment Task Force
The AAIM Assessment Task Force is a cross-council group of APDIM, CDIM, and ASP members. The task force is responsible for:
- Surveying the landscape of currently available UME assessment tools
- Identifying priorities of program directors and fellowship directors in terms of domains they would find helpful for resident and fellow selection
- Identifying potential assessment tools that could improve the UME-GME transition and contribute to a learner’s educational portfolio.
Chair: Matthew Fitz, MD
AAIM Business of Medicine Initiative Task Force
The AAIM Business of Medicine is a cross-organizational task force that is composed of council and general members. The task force is responsible for:
- Establishing the definitions and domains of the “business of medicine”
- Developing curricular “content tracks” for physicians and administrators in the established domains
- Assessing and recommending modalities of providing this content to members and non-members
- Preparing a recommendation for the AAIM Finance and Audit Committee for resources to support this effort
- Preparing a recommendation for the AAIM Board of Directors for an 18 to 36 month plan to develop, deploy, and assess a “business of medicine” initiative
Chair: Monica Fawthrop
AAIM Compensation Committee
The AAIM Compensation Committee is charged to ensure the structure and organization of the AAIM staff meets the strategic and operational needs of the alliance. The committee is responsible for:
- Providing oversight of the annual performance evaluation and goal-setting process for the AAIM president and executive vice president.
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to the AAIM president and executive vice president employment agreements.
- Reviewing annual benchmark data related to staff compensation and benefit plans.
- Recommending an annual compensation package to the AAIM Finance and Audit Committee.
- Monitoring the staff incentive compensation program.
Chair: Sylk Sotto, EdD, MBA, MPS
AAIM Compliance Committee
The AAIM Compliance Committee assists the AAIM Board of Directors in its oversight responsibilities relating to management’s implementation of compliance programs, policies, and procedures designed to respond to the various compliance and regulatory risks facing organization. The committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the system for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Monitoring the adherence to AAIM standards of conduct, conflict of interest, and external support policies.
- Reviewing the results of investigations of allegations of non-compliance and make appropriate recommendations to the AAIM Board of Directors.
Chair: James D. Marsh, MD
AAIM Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force
The AAIM Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force reviews and considers AAIM’s existing DEI initiatives for physician and administrator members and provide feedback on priorities. The AAIM DEI Task Force is responsible for:
- Assisting with the development of the existing AAIM DEI initiatives:
- Multi-modal DEI education series (webinar series)
- AAIM DEI framework
- External collaborations (e.g, ACP Council on Subspecialty Societies DEI Summit)
- Enhancing member and institutional data profiles
- Assessing the DEI resource needs of members
- Assessing AAIM’s existing DEI initiatives
- Providing feedback on AAIM’s DEI priorities and initiatives for FY 2022 to FY 2024
AAIM Education Program Planning Committee
The AAIM Conference Education Committee is charged to encourage support for conference programming and improvements through collaboration and communication across all AAIM program planning committees as well as identify existing opportunities and develop new ones for these collaborative efforts to thrive. This includes ensuring Academic Internal Medicine Week programming, events, venues, and activities are aligned across all participating groups to maximize program planning committee efforts and improve the attendee experience. The committee will also support efforts to ensure AAIM’s major conference deliverables fit within approved programming guidelines for future small meetings and virtual education offerings.
Chair: Alisa Peet, MD
Vice Chair: Gretchen Diemer, MD
AAIM Faculty Development Initiative Task Force
The AAIM Faculty Development Initiative Task Force is charged with examining the landscape of how various programs undertake professional and personal development of its faculty. The task force will identify common challenges and will share best practices on how UME and GME institutions engage and develop faculty to improve performance.
Chair: Aashish Didwania, MD
AAIM Finance and Audit Committee
The AAIM Finance and Audit Committee is responsible for assisting AAIM Board of Directors oversight of the integrity of AAIM’s financial statements and its financial strategy, objectives, and priorities; performance of AAIM’s investments; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; completion of the audited financial statements; and the performance of AAIM’s independent auditors. Specifically, the committee ensures internal controls, financial oversight, and independent audit for the organization and is responsible for reviewing:
- Revenues and expenses.
- Financial performance relative to achievement of AAIM’s strategic objectives.
- Annual operating, board designated, and capital budgets assuring correlation with the strategic objectives and recommending budget approvals to the AAIM Board of Directors.
- Financial policies and plans—including investment strategy--for the organization and recommending approval by the Board of Directors.
- Annual audited financial reports.
- All applicable tax forms.
Chair: Melvin S. Blanchard, MD
AAIM Governance Committee
The governance committee is charged to review and monitor the alliance bylaws; develop recommendations to the AAIM Board of Directors on issues related to governance structure, decision making, and board policies; oversee annual council election and evaluation processes; and serve as the AAIM Nominating Committee.
Chair: Donna J. Astiz, MD
AAIM Innovations Grant Committee
The AAIM Innovation Grants Committee is charged with overseeing the AAIM Innovation Grants Program. The committee is responsible for:
- Providing guidance on the annual grants timeline and process.
- Determining grant themes.
- Reviewing submitted letters of interest (LOIs) and grant applications.
- Selecting grant recipients.
Chair: Amy Zelenski, PhD
Vice Chair: Thurayya Arayssi, MD
AAIM Medical Education Research Committee
The medical education research committee will assess the culture underlying medical education by designing, evaluating, and supporting curricular innovations.
Chair: Chayan Chakraborti, MD
AAIM Medical Education Learner Transitions Improvements Task Force
The AAIM Medical Education Learner Transitions Improvement Task Force will develop standardized, competency-based educational handoff resources designed to ease the handover process from medical school to residency and residency to fellowship with a goal of establishing a more effective and efficient education training process across the continuum of medical education.
Chair: Richard L. Alweis, MD
AAIM Research Committee
The AAIM Research Committee is charged with promoting and sustaining a community of research program directors to develop and share best practices designed to ensure the survival, growth, and diversity of the physician-scientist workforce. The committee will serve as the central body for data collection, analysis and the dissemination of research-related outcomes of residency and fellowship research programs.
Chair: Mone Zaidi, MD, PhD
Vice Chair: Christopher Williams, MD, PhD