Who we are:
The Technology Services team at the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) is seeking a Technology Services Senior Specialist reporting to the Senior Director of Conferences, Meetings, and Technology Services.
When you join the AAIM team you are offered a competitive salary and generous benefit package. Part of the package includes AAIM paying the full premium cost for employee coverage under the health and dental plans. Coverage begins the first of the month following hire date. Other benefits include vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, identity theft insurance, and more!
AAIM, a professional membership association, promotes the advancement and professional development of its members who prepare the next generation of internal medicine physicians and leaders through education, research, engagement, and collaboration. Representing over 12,000 members, AAIM is the largest association of faculty and administrative staff serving in departments of medicine. Located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines.
What this job is about:
The Technology Services Senior Specialist is responsible for working directly with the Senior Director of Conferences, Meetings, and Technology Services to support the technology services strategy of the organization and the efficient operation of the technology services department in alignment with the strategic objectives of the organization. The senior specialist will provide help desk support and oversight for user equipment and software applications as well as other key technology platforms (e.g., AMS, website, LMS, etc.).
- Supports existing member engagement programs and initiatives, including ambassador program, awards, mentoring, member center, and direct management of AAIM Higher! and member volunteer recognition.
- Manage the AAIM Help Desk including reporting system and metrics, routing tickets to appropriate resource, and keeping staff informed on progress.
- Lead AAIM IT Orientation for all eligible users (e.g., staff, vendors, temps, etc.).
- Mange conference room AV equipment; this includes training, testing, and maintenance.
- Create and update documentation on key user software applications.
- Develop and deliver staff training for technology services projects and initiatives.
- Serve as primary staff liaison for association management system (AMS); this includes creating AMS documentation and training materials, provide AMS support to staff, and managing support requests directly with AMS vendor.
- Serve as primary staff liaison for website technology (non-content); this includes creating technical documentation and training materials, provide technical support to staff, and managing support requests directly with website vendor.
- Serve as primary staff liaison for learning management system (LMS; non-content); this includes creating LMS documentation and training materials, provide LMS support to staff, and managing support requests directly with LMS vendor.
- Provide secondary support to Senior Director of Conferences, Meetings, and Technology Services on all technology services vendor relationships.
- Contributes to the development and sound fiscal management of budgets in their area of responsibility; monitors the budgetary impact of the day-to-day operations with their responsibilities; prepares budget reports; ensures that invoices are coded accurately; and communicates with department management as necessary to ensure that department funds for equipment, resources, travel, programs, committees, revenue, and expenses are used responsibly and effectively.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget; develops detailed project timelines and tasks; and identifies skills and financial resources required to complete tasks.
- Understands who is responsible for various projects; the deliverables and timelines for those projects; and the relationship between assigned tasks and project timelines, deliverables, and successes.
- Includes significant representative contact with staff and vendors through email, telephone, and onsite meetings for purposes of operations and coordination.
- Manages and/or provides support and training to system users.
- Participates in screening and selecting candidates for hire. Contributes to the development of training new hires on their roles and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelors + 4 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Will consider recent college graduates.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and 3-5 years of experience in a nonprofit organization. Experience may include but not be limited to information technology policies and procedures, user help desk support, AMS oversight, websites, cybersecurity, and vendor management.
- Solid skills in communicating verbally and in writing, providing original content and using accurate grammar, tact, and diplomacy.
- Solid problem solving, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid skills working with limited supervision and managing multiple priorities.
- Solid skills working independently and collaboratively as a team member and exhibiting sensitivity and professionalism when dealing with a wide array of internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and follow policies and guidelines.
- Intermediate proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Advanced proficiency in using and understanding the business purposes of key software applications and programs. These applications include, but are not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, modern communication platforms (e.g., Zoom), electronic data retention and recovery systems, Adobe, and ISP services.
- Proficiency using and understanding the business purposes of key software applications and programs for AAIM. These applications include, but are not limited to ACGI Association Anywhere AMS, Higher Logic online systems, basic CMS platforms, Forj LMS, and other common collaboration and management tools.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move computer and office equipment and furniture as necessary to perform IT responsibilities.
- Able to travel to attend meetings as requested.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 admin center preferred, but not required.
- Experience using an AMS; ACGI preferred, but not required.
- Experience using Higher Logic preferred, but not required.
- Experience using Forj LMS preferred, but not required.
- Experience providing basic help desk support.
What you will get out of it:
- Insight into the discipline of academic internal medicine.
- Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills.
- Work with committed and dedicated professional staff and volunteers in a collaborative and high performing environment.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite parking, and more!
How to apply
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAIM offers a hybrid work arrangement of three days per week working remotely and two days per week working in the office. Employees are required to work in the office every Tuesday and Wednesday. New employees are immediately eligible for this hybrid work arrangement.