What this job is about
The Web Content Manager is responsible for managing www.im.org and the organization’s microsites to reflect the Alliance's digital strategy, including ensuring content is current and accurate, collaborating with other departments to create and update content, ensuring editorial and quality control standards are met, support revenue and member engagement goals, and track site metrics to inform strategy. This individual will also manage the association’s social media channels by actively creating, sourcing, and posting content in support of the Alliance’s communications strategy.
- Provide administrative support upon request.
- Writes, develops, publishes, and maintains content for www.im.org, microsites, and social media channels by collaborating with all teams to solicit and finalize content.
- Reviews, edits, and creates layouts for new and updated content for www.im.org produced by other teams to ensure adherence to content strategy, voice and message, copywriting guidelines, and design principles.
- Manages annual full-site content review process to determine if existing content is current, needs revision, or needs to be archived.
- Tracks and reports site metrics; analyzes data and develops recommendations for content and user experience enhancements.
- Tracks and reports social media channel metrics; analyzes data and develops recommendations for maximizing exposure.
- Works with volunteer members and leaders on editing, organizing, and posting content to ensure adherence to content strategy, voice and message, copywriting guidelines, and design principles.
- Guides AAIM in setting and implementing digital and social media strategy.
What is required for this job
- 5-6 years of experience to include writing, editing, and managing web content.
- College degree required. Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field preferred.
- Strong Internet literacy, with knowledge of web content best practices and digital content distribution channels.
- Working knowledge of creating graphics for the web and social media.
- Experience working with content owners to actively solicit and elicit ideas and content for website and other media channels.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff, members, and leadership.
- Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Experience with social media channels and channel management and reporting tools.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to travel for annual conference.
- Proficiency using MS Office, HTML, basic CSS and Java Script, knowledge of Google Analytics, fluency in Higher Logic and its microsites model.
What you will get out of it
- Insight into the discipline of academic internal medicine.
- Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills.
- Apply your knowledge, skills, and creativity to improve the AAIM website.
- Work with committed and dedicated professional staff and volunteers in a collaborative and high performing environment.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite parking, and more!
AAIM offers a hybrid work arrangement of three days per week working remotely and two days per week working in the office. Employees are required to work in the office every Tuesday and Wednesday. New employees are immediately eligible for this hybrid work arrangement. This will start in October 2022.
How to apply
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.